Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Museum of Natural History: Dinosaurs & bugs, nothing better than that!

Today was a super fun day. I mean it...we took the tube or what's called the metro here in Washington, DC from my Oma's house down to the Mall where all the museums are.

Mami had promised dinosaurs, big animals and lots of fun and I was hoping she would deliver. We met with my tata, that's mami's papi at the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History and got our day started!

She wasn't lying when she said we would see all sorts of creatures...wow!

There was so much to see! I watched as they live fed a tarantula, that's a BIG spider and I got to hold a grasshopper. So cool! I wasn't scared but mami was. 

We walked into the different rooms and each one had bigger creatures on display.


The thing is there is so much to see I don't know if I can even remember it all, but my absolute FAVOURITE part of the day was seeing the dinosaurs. ROARRRRR! Triceratops is the one like the most. 

I didn't realise they would just be bones and I kept asking mami where the OTHER dinosaurs were. She said the others were in the forest....sure mami.

Anyway here are a few of our best pictures:

That's me and tata crossing the road

That's not a pencil, it's the Washington Monument!
So cool, right? I am really liking being in the US. Despite getting bored from not walking around as much as London, there is always something new to do I just have to make sure mami sticks to her agenda.

Don't forget, museums in Washington DC are free (except for a few) and I'm sure you know this but remember to pack a lunch because the food costs a lot of money! 

Next on my list of places to visit:

The National Children's Museum, the Air & Space Museum and the National Aquarium. No offense mami, I loved seeing all the animals on display, but I kinda want them to be alive not stuffed.

Have you been to any of the museums in Washington DC? Which one was your favourite?


Sharing this over at this or that thursday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say hello to my sister, Little L!

It's been a very long time. My days as a blogger are over (at least I think they are?) — I'm now mami's sort of photographer (I&...