Friday, April 20, 2012

Fun Movie Alert! DisneyNature's CHIMPANZEE

I had seen movies on a big TV before, and I'd been to one in London, but not as big as the one we went to this week...it was ENORMOUS! Mami said it was called the "movie theater".

What ever it was, it was so cool!

We were invited by Disney to see the advanced screening of CHIMPANZEE at the Mazza Gallerie in Washington, DC. It was during my bedtime, but mami said it was a special occasion and so off we went.

That's Oscar!
Hey! I didn't care, I was happy to not have to go to bed. AND I begged mami to buy me popcorn. She didn't want to at first, but I just kept asking, and asking and asking until she finally said "Ok, but you have to be a good boy".

OF COURSE, I said yes, gave her my very best good boy look. I think she thought I was going to share, because she and Oma dug right in. I stuck both of my hands into the bucket and said "no mami, only for me".  She managed to get a few, but I ate ALL OF IT! YEP!

But then I really wanted water....oh well. I was soooooo yummy!

Anyway, the movie was great, and there was a little monkey, I mean chimpanzee named Oscar who was actually a lot like me. It is a true life adventure that follows Oscar and his chimpanzee family deep in the forests of Africa and it is told by Tim Allen.

I know Oscar is a chimp, but we had a lot in common! He went everywhere his mami went, she fed him, she kissed and hugged him, he rode on her back. At night time he jumped all over his bed of leaves and in the morning he would open his mami's eyes when she didn't get up. Those are all of the things I DO!

This is a DisneyNature movie, so it's not a cartoon and everything is real. Mami and Oma said it was fascinating to see the chimps family bond and how little Oscar learns how to survive and learn new skills after his mami gets hurt.

This movie is out today Friday April 20th across the US. Mami and I recommend it to everyone, big and small. All the adults loved it and the of course, so did the kids!

Have a great weekend everyone, I'll be wearing a tux for my uncle Jeff's wedding!



P.S. and if you go see CHIMPANZEE in the opening week, Disney will make a donation to the Jane Goodall Institute to protect wild chimpanzees









No comments:

Post a Comment

Say hello to my sister, Little L!

It's been a very long time. My days as a blogger are over (at least I think they are?) — I'm now mami's sort of photographer (I&...