Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I tried it! Maclaren Triumph

Okay, so you remember back in July when my pushchair broke down and a certain company wouldn't replace it? Yes, that's the one! Mami and daddy where not very happy and really it just caused a great inconvenience to everyone involved.

However, a great opportunity came from Maclaren when I was offered to test out their Triumph pushchair.

Who are Maclaren you ask?
They are a premier British parenting lifestyle company that produces the worlds most safe, durable, innovative, and stylish baby buggies, strollers and pushchairs. And let me just say, daddy agrees with everyone single word!

I climbed right in - couldn't wait to test it out!

First impressions
You should have seen the look on mami and daddy's face when it arrived. They could not stop "ooh-ing and ahhh-ing". Daddy had selected the red one for "safety" reasons and because it is easier to spot. Daddy is very smart you know.

Mami immediately checked out the wheels to see how sturdy they were (this is where we had problems with the last one). They seemed to meet her approval and she smiled.

We took it out for a spin and it was the smoothest ride I have ever had in a buggy!

I think mami and daddy knew that they should have purchased a Maclaren in the first place. They had been trying to save a bit of money and decided for the less expensive option. But like daddy says "you get what you pay for". When in fact it is not that much more, especially when you consider how much we use it.

Why we love it
For us the Maclaren Triumph is just perfect! We do not have a car so we rely on a top quality pushchair to get all around the city.

Mami takes me to nursery and it is easy to fold up and put away. When we go out on weekends daddy can just take me up the stairs at the tube station, it is easy to get on and off the train and doesn't take up much room on the bus (we have had MAJOR issues with making space on the bus). It is also waterproof and the seat cover can be washed - good thing because I have already made a mess!

Hey! I'm a city boy - I need to travel light and in style


Daddy said the wheels swivel perfectly, the handles are very comfortable and no major effort is required to push like the other one.

Doesn't get in anyone's way - even on the escalators


 No need for mami to lift the front to get on the tube


Perfect fit on a London bus

Oh! And another reason mami loves Maclaren is for their newest  Stroll back to Shape campaign with Pushy Mothers  (mami loves anything to do with  fitness!) They are helping get mamas get back shape by using their buggies.

Even though mami has been doing more running lately, she loves this because we did buggy fitness for a long time. I remember going up and down and up and down Primrose Hill when I was just a baby. You can't say she didn't try!

What I say
I can get in and out on my own (yesssss) and  I can push it at the park. I do have to admit, that 5 point harness starp is pretty good. I can't seem to get out of these like I could with the other one. So an A+ is well deserved.

Strapped in tight -  I'm not going anywhere!

Mami and daddy's final say
They should have never purchased anything other than a Maclaren. They had always known they were good buggies, but now they are complete "converts". And just as importantly Maclaren offers a Sovereign Lifetime Warranty which shows their confidence in their own products. Unlike our last one that only had a 6 month warranty, this is no "disposible" buggy.

Bye bye

6 comments:

  1. We have just recived a volo to try - it's light as a feather and looks fab! My first maclaren too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outstanding review! Really thorough and excellent pictures! Most impressive. Glad you have a pushchair you're happy with now! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a McLaren at one point in my numerous buggy purchases and gotta say I absolutely loved it! great brand!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a great foldable, lightweight buggy. One thing that could be improved is the foam handles. I've have a Quest and in less than 6 months it's showing signs of wear and tear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We LOVE our Maclaren too! Had it for years and it still works like a charm. We even had the double one but sold it once the kids were older. Great review!

    And I am so bad for not posting about our experience with naming our kids - I promised I would a while back but didn't. If I get my act together and post that, I will link back to yours for sure!

    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to know little M thanks! We're thinking of getting another buggy for traveling like that - our current one has too many parts and is heavy. My mum says the only buggy to get is a Maclaren -now Leon's older she can't wait to get him one!

    ReplyDelete

Say hello to my sister, Little L!

It's been a very long time. My days as a blogger are over (at least I think they are?) — I'm now mami's sort of photographer (I&...