Sunday, December 5, 2010

More snow please!

Last week daddy pulled back the curtain and I saw little pieces of white stuff falling from the sky.

I yelled out "agua, agua" (water) but it didn't look like the normal rain.

Mami and papi said "no, es nieve" or something called snow. I remember seeing these white pieces last year when we were visiting abuelita, but I wasn't walking then so I wasn't able to go out and touch it. 

So the best part about all this snow business was actaully getting to to out and play in it!  And wow! Best feeling ever!

When papi opened the door, I looked out and saw that everything was white. It had fallen from the sky and stuck to the ground!

I had on my boots and I stepped out the door. The ground made a funny crunch sound and my foot sunk in a little. I took another step very carefully, but when I felt it was okay, I took off running!

I couldn't run as fast as I normally do, but I liked the feeling underneath my feet. I went over the the bushes and touched the snow. I stood very still because it was very cold on my hands.

It was like nothing I had ever touched before.

Now I know why mami insisted I cover up my hands. After trying to pick up more snow my hands got very wet and I asked for my gloves. This snow stuff really is cold!

After that I had to go to nursery. But guess what? I think papi liked playing in the snow with me so much that he picked me up early.

I ran over to the window to see the snow again the next day, but it was all gone. Where did it go?

I really hope it snows again, it felt like magic!


5 comments:

  1. Glad you had fun with the nieve, chiquito! We've got lots here in the North and lots of ice as well and it's not that good if you have to travel to work, school, shopping etc. Besos. A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fun when it doesn't last! I have been stuck indoors since last sunday and frankly, I'm getting bored of it a bit now! At least, school is reopening tomorrow! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. We only got a light dusting, I know so many are bored of being stuck! Even for a day my little guy really enjoyed it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. We haven't had very much at all - children very disappointed!! It is wonderful to capture these memories on camera x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww that is so sweet. Glad he had fun. We have had way too much snow. Come visit Scotland there is more than enough. x

    ReplyDelete

Say hello to my sister, Little L!

It's been a very long time. My days as a blogger are over (at least I think they are?) — I'm now mami's sort of photographer (I&...