Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Little M Bakes: Strawberry Jam Thumbprint Cookies

FINALLY I got back into the kitchen. Woooo hoooo! Mami isn't very good at baking, but she does try!

I'm happy to share with you our latest creation: Thumbprint Cookies. My auntie Denise used to make these when she was little and I wanted to try them. They are so easy to make and even yummier to eat.

Here's what you need:
1 cup margarine
4 egg yolks
1/2 cup of sugar (mami used 1/2 cup of Splenda)
1 tsp of vanilla 
Any kind of jam - we used sugar free strawberry jam
2 cups of flour
A big mixing bowl
A mixer
A baking sheet


How to make them:
Preheat oven to 325 F or about 160 C

Cream margarine and sugar in a bowl. Add egg yolks and vanilla until it gets fluffy (mami accidentally put in the whites too, oops!)

Then you stir in the flour and mix it all up. Put flour on your hands, and roll the dough into medium sized balls (not too big, not too small)

Put each ball on the baking sheets. Then take your thumb and PRESS into each one leaving your print

With a spoon, fill each of the indented spots with jam. Put into the oven for 25 minutes or until brown

When they are done, take out, let cool and then EAT!


They are super easy to make and fun too. We got a little messy, but that was the best part. 

Mami is going to make Candy Cane Cookies soon, so come back for those.

Think you can make them? Of course you can, mami did!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Say hello to my sister, Little L!

It's been a very long time. My days as a blogger are over (at least I think they are?) — I'm now mami's sort of photographer (I&...